Charles entered the family business in 1946, immediately after serving in The Marine Corps in World War II and completing his B.S. in Business at Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, PA. Charles continued to broker and develop real estate opportunities for national oil companies while specializing in site-selection and expansion of area movie theatres and drive-in facilities.
During his early years in the business, Charles earned membership designations as Certified Property Manager and American Society of Appraisers, then served as The Chief Appraiser for the Orphans’ Court of The City of Philadelphia for ten years. Charles continued to increase his commitment to the community as well as The Board of Realtors and was elected President of the Philadelphia Board of Realtors in 1977, and then President of The Pennsylvania Association of Realtors in 1980.
Motivated by an intense commitment to the Community, Charles has acted and continues to act as Board Member, Real Estate Advisor and Chief Property Consultant to a host of mainstay institutions in Metropolitan Philadelphia including several distinguished Universities and Colleges, area Hospitals, Churches, Federation of Jewish Agencies, Orders of Sisters, and community organizations such as the Police Athletic League and the YMCA.
Charles continues to handle selective brokerage and consulting work for clients throughout the City of Philadelphia from the Center City branch office.